Last night Scottie and I teamed up to make our dinner. Took a simple recipe from www/allrecipes.com and made a few adjustments since we didnt have all the ingredients. (Original Recipe below)
OUR MIX! instead of Cheddar cheese we used the Italian Blend (Great Value). Instead of 2tbsp onion, we used Half of a large onion and did NOT chop it up finely so I could pick them out. DID NOT used condensed can of cream of chicken soup. Instead of green chilles we just poured in like 1/2 cup of Mild Salsa. No extra salt and pepper were added and the tortillas we used were whole wheat - less carbs, more fiber.
ran out of the wheat tortilla so Scottie brilliantly decided to use some of our corn tortillas. Just warmed them up in the microwave so they would bend better.
pic after 20mins cook and before adding the cheese on top
Cheese topping - handful of the Italian blend, handful of the jack cheese and like 1/4cup of what cheddar cheese we randomly found in the fridge behind the milk. YUM YUM!!!
Original Recipe Yield 8 servings Ingredients
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 (8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, chicken, sour cream, soup, chilies, onion, pepper and salt. Spoon about 1/2 cup off center on each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.