Halloween costume (School girl) that I decided I wanted to transform into a cute cover-up like jacket thingie...rather than throw away. So I did.
Picture
I'm all about saving a buck so take the time and PRESERVE ELASTIC!
Picture
I also save every scrap - be sure to have in mind what the end product looks like, so you have a better idea of what pieces you need. Since this piece was perfectly pleated I kept that look and just cut one side to open it up.
Picture
Took a cover-up that I already owned and LOVE. I knew the arm holes were perfect so I laid that on my sheet.....yes my SHEET. I have this white queen sheet that had a huge stain plus we don't use it, ever! We have a Cali King and a Full Bed so this sheet has literally been sitting in the closet for about 4 years. So I'm making a cover-up and whatever else I want out of it. You can see I put a piece that I cut out from the costume in the middle and actually ended up cutting it in half cause I thought it would look better...and in the end, it did ;)
Picture
The sheet cut out
Picture
Sewed together back piece before adding pleated skirt thing
Picture
sewed on skirt thing - finish all edges and ironed
Picture
Back...kinda looks like suspenders... The back is between my waist and hip line and then it gradually goes up to my bust towards the front.
Picture
wouldn't wear this shirt (or bandana) with this but it's just to show contrast. Front is at bust line...for the most part, a finished product. I'm debating pockets with the plaid material...or something. That's the beauty is I could do anything ;)



Leave a Reply.